Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Self-insured couple shocked over health insurance increase - WSOC Charlotte - December 30, 2015
- Alaska Considering Cuts in Petrol Welfare and Reintroducing Income Tax as ... - TheStranger.com (blog) - December 30, 2015
- Part of Wood County road still closed after washout - Longview News-Journal - December 30, 2015
- Year in review: First half of 2015 - Longview News-Journal - December 29, 2015
- Oil drop dims Texas factory outlook - Longview News-Journal - December 29, 2015
- Tornado watch extended for East Texas counties - Longview News-Journal - December 27, 2015
- Holiday travel: By plane, train or car - Longview News-Journal - December 24, 2015
- 8th death due to Takata air bag ID'd - Longview News-Journal - December 23, 2015
- Letters on transportation bill, war against ISIS, grateful veteran, Hallsville ISD - Longview News-Journal - December 08, 2015
- Longview Metropolitan Planning Organization to discuss transportation plan - Longview News-Journal - December 06, 2015
- Verma: No more short-term thinking on transportation - Longview News-Journal - November 14, 2015
- Longview Transportation Center hosts 1st public event since $2.2 million ... - Longview News-Journal - November 08, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: